From the Serengeti to Zanzibar


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » Zanzibar » Zanzibar City
October 1st 2007
Published: October 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello,

so still no pictures... 😞, sorry, but this is Africa, and things are not always that convenient 😊. so now just a quick update! Lake Manyara, the Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater offered everything you imagined an African safari would offer.... lionesses with cubs, male lions roaring at night, hippos cooling off in the rivers, elephants rubbing on trees, a leopard in the tree with the tail hanging down over the branch and the fresh kill of a gazelle to be devoured, a lioness draging the fresh kill of a zebra into the shade so she can feed her young cubs, a rhino chowing down on the grass around the lake, cheetahs sitting on a mound overlooking the zebras and wildebeest nearby, a couple of hyanas roaming the prairie, warthogs hanging out amongst the gazelles.... wildlife galore, and then overnighting at a wild camp in the serengeti ala "out of africa" style, with the red sun setting in the distance, iluminating the prairie in its glow, while we sit around the campfire. Oh what a dream come true!

so after the stunning safari that offered more than i imagined, i arrived on the Island of Zanzibar this morning after a short flight from Moshi. It was sad to say good bye to my new friends in Moshi. it is amazing how at home i felt in this african town!
So Zanzibar is a mix of Africa and Arabic life, and since it is the middle of Rhamadan right now, i am actually getting the real arabic and muslim feel from this beautiful island. I toured Stone Town today, explored the old parts and history of the slave trade and the colonial times of sultans, british settlers and local people, dove right into the heart of the market, where you can buy all sorts of spices, fish, veggies, and really everything the heart desires!
tomorrow is a short boat trip to the southern part of the island on the agenda, before heading to the white beaches and green-blue- coral filled waters on Wednesday. 😊

so until next time

Baadaye

SL

Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 16; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0702s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb