From Stonetown to Nungwi Beach on the North Shore


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » Zanzibar » Nungwi
May 10th 2010
Published: May 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

May 10th

We said our goodbyes to Xuxa, Rachael and Nico in the morning after tea and toast. It was a shame they were going to another part of the island, we had such a good time together and everyone got along well! Oh well, c’est la vie, right?

After departing from the Safari Lodge, Justin, Nicio, Wendy, Cameron and I jumped in our taxi to head to the north side of the island and get some beach and snorkel time. The drive took about an hour and a half and it passed by fast. The scenery was great and it was cool to think about what the island was like six hundred years ago.

We got dropped off at the Sunset Hotel and Bungalows, and we didn’t need to go any further, this place was just what we were looking for. It was right on the beach and the water was crystal clear. The room was decent, for $20 a person per night it wasn’t bad. I bunked up with Cameron and headed straight for the beach shortly after getting setup. Here is a video of the walk from the hotel room to the beach at Nungwi.

One thing to know about Zanzibar is that every afternoon it rains, right about 2pm, but by that time I had already been in the internet café uploading blog posts and pictures for you, dear reader. ☺. I ran into Nicio and Justin a bit later and they explained that they were going to do the 3 day open water course to get scuba certified. I thought about it long and hard and decided to do it. Mine as well learn to scuba off of a Tanzania island in the Indian Ocean, right?? When would I have the chance again?

Later on that night Nicio and Justin got hungry and so me and Cam went with them to get some dinner. I wasn’t really hungry, my appetite has been halved since this trip started, the climate just diminishes it all. We met some Swedish girls and we invited them over for dinner. Everyone told stories about where they had been and where they were going and it was a nice ending to the night. We all headed back to the hotel after walking the girls to their hotel and got a good night’s sleep..tomorrow was a big day. Scuba diving class followed by an exhausting day on a beautiful beach with good people.

Until next time…Pura Vida and Hakuna Matata!
-Brendan



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0242s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb