DAY 20 - Wrapping Up - 2008


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » West
January 22nd 2008
Published: January 18th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We Will Miss You, VincentWe Will Miss You, VincentWe Will Miss You, Vincent

Tom, Vincent & a digital camera
We woke to rain. Shucks. Had breakfast in Andrew's room since there was a conference in the main hall. A couple of the guys were out late and didn't join us. More shopping and taking photos. Lunch in Andrew's room. Packed. Drums will make it safely. Rebecca killed one of the chickens for our dinner. Andrew had been listening to the chicken for weeks and said, "Justice is served".

Vincent arrived at the hotel, dressed up and having walked about 7 miles to see us. He gave us a card in English and wrote some beautiful things. He gave each of us a rose and said, "The gift is small but from the bottom of my heart". I was very touched by his sincerity and teared up. He is such a good guy. I will miss him. He could not linger since he had a long way to walk to return home.

Bishop joined us for dinner. So did Edina, Genegeva and Rebecca. Kaye and I wore our African dresses and headwear. What fun. It was lovely and intimate having our servers and chef with us at the table. That is my style. Conversation was lively and positive. Things are winding down for this trip. The Bishop has been so gracious. He assigned a liaison to us, ensured we were well taken care of, hosted us in his home, invited us to be part of the chuch celebration, and shared his hopes and dreams for Karagwe. We met his family and were treated well in spite of the problems with the project. I will be intentional about contining my friendship with him.

Gave staff a washbasket, some items and a cash tip for the staff. Treasurer George delivered the invoice to Kaye. Students are playing cards. Early night.

*****************************

Take me to the Educate Tanzania website.

http://educatetanzania.org


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Rev. Dr. Benson BagonzaRev. Dr. Benson Bagonza
Rev. Dr. Benson Bagonza

Bishop, Visionary, Leader, Friend


Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0726s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb