Monday, July 5, 2010


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Arusha
July 20th 2010
Published: July 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Monday, July 5, 2010:

A bit (OK, lot) of disappointment today. We actually learned about it last night. Cy said he had both good and bad news for us. Bad news: You now had to purchase a work permit to do anykind of work--including evangelical--in Tanzania. Good news: We were able to attain some. Bad news: They don't take effect until Tuesday. Soooo Monday we could not work. Except for Danny, Cathy, and Vernetta. They went to the medical clinic in Monduli to set up their medical stuff. Danny and Cathy are both dentists, and will be working on....teeth! Wow! Haha. Vernetta is going to assist them.
So the rest of us went to Mt. Meru Carver's Market (Mafia Alley) and Saif's, and got money exchanged.
That night, some of the Christians from TZ fixed supper for us--a welcoming Tanzanian supper. It was SO good!!! There was, of course, rice, which was OK. We also had to try ugale, which is the staple food of Africa. It tastes like...nothing, and has the texture of cold mashed potatoes. But the fried eggplant, chapati--homemade, delicious, thin tortillas--and samosas--little triangular thin bread filled with vegetables or meat--were delectable!!!! Thanks, everyone!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

ArushaArusha
Arusha

Home to 2 million people...
Andrew Connally School of Preaching (ACSOP)Andrew Connally School of Preaching (ACSOP)
Andrew Connally School of Preaching (ACSOP)

Located at Kisongo, outside of Arusha
CJ's here!!CJ's here!!
CJ's here!!

CJ & Hallie


Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0344s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb