It's That Time Again


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Arusha
May 20th 2010
Published: May 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Yes, it's that time again! Campaign season is here. When we first arrived in Tanzania June was the month for campaigns, and we would be busy morning to night for three full weeks. But for various reasons, we are having smaller numbers come and this year the coming and going for various visitors has been spread over two months. We are thankful for those who sacrifice their time and money to come over for a week or two to teach. We ask for your prayers particularly during this time. Visitors, missionaries, and local brethren are spending a lot more time on the dangerous roads.

Some miscellaneous news of our family:
May 2 Stephanie Stafford hosted a bridal shower for Julia. It was a unique mix of American and Tanzanian culture. The Tanzanians gave her more of what the Tanzanians call a "send-off" and they were very generous. About 40 ladies were in attendance, including four that traveling from Moshi, which was very touching for our family.

Almost everywhere and whenever we go to worship, one of the guys is asked to at least lead a prayer. About a week ago, on a Wednesday, Luke was put down to lead the opening prayer, and he surprised us by leading it in Swahili. He has done so well in continuing his understanding of the language, and the brethren at Kisongo were very happy that he was able to say a prayer in their own language. I must say, it brought a tear to this mother's eye. Our whole family was very proud of him for branching out and doing what might be a bit awkward.

Last Sunday we went to Moshi for worship services. It was good to see old friends again. George taught Bible class and preached. Josephat and Anna (Josephat is the main preacher there now) recently had a baby boy, and so we got to see and hold him for the first time. He is so very tiny; I can't imagine what he weighed at birth. He is approximately 6 weeks old now.

Today George finished up his last class for this term. He's been teaching Homiletics II on Tuesdays, and Romans/Galatians on Thursdays. Lindsey has attended his Thursday class and has enjoyed it. She has been a very diligent student and got a 100% on her final today. 😊

Please continue to keep our good friend, Shauna Heck, in your prayers as she continues to fight the ugly battle of cancer. Also, last week I received a bite of some kind and it has turned quite nasty. I've started antibiotics, so hopefully soon it will start to heal.

In Christian Love,
Joy


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Ladies Arriving at Julia's Bridal ShowerLadies Arriving at Julia's Bridal Shower
Ladies Arriving at Julia's Bridal Shower

They approached the house, in a line two by two, singing as they came in.
Massai Market DayMassai Market Day
Massai Market Day

Sunday is a big market day for Massai in our neighborhood.


20th May 2010

There is nothing quite like a blog from the Jensen's always uplifting always straight from the heart. God bless you as you serve and protect you. just ken
20th May 2010

See you soon.
Looking forward to having you with us soon in Charleston!
20th May 2010

I'm so proud of all of you. You certainly are a glory to God. I was awed by Luke's ability to speak in the native language and lead the congregation in prayer. So anxious to see all of you in July. Love, Pap
22nd May 2010

looking forward to seeing you in Aug maybe July
Thanks for the beautiful pics, good news, and Luke we're so proud of you learning the language of the people you are helping and working with. Keep up the good work - Jensens

Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.029s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0509s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb