Day 24 - Dar es Salem to Arusha, Tanzania


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Arusha
December 5th 2008
Published: December 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Arose very early at 4am in order to beat the traffic out of Dar. We tried to get some sleep but we were all pretty much wide awake when a window was smashed in our truck touched another. No one was hurt but it meant a breezy ride for some. Breakfast was on the road and was very quick. I chopped up 2 pineapples but only managed to get one tiny bit to eat!

Richard got stopped for "speeding" three times but for all three he presented his tachograph which showed that he was well under what they aid he was doing (by a good 25km an hour). After the last time he was a little stressed and accidently drove off without the smokers (serves them right!). We all hammered on the window to the cab and he stopped about 50m down the road!!

We arrived at our camp to find that the access road had been totally dug up and the next campsit was deserted and had no water! We stopped in the ghost-site for lunch, with Becky scaring me...

"A crocodile waits silenty... the group tried to start their truck engine but it was deas. They set up camp for the night... until one found five empty tents. The crocodile crawled from the pool and headed for it's first victim..."

and so on. We decided that we would drive straight for Arusha. It was a long drive - 15 hours today but we had a nice campsite at the end. There was chicken and sausages for dinner but I was so tired that I went straigh to bed.

On the drive we saw Kilimanjaro for the fist time - snow capped and peeking from the clouds. It was beautiful but not so clear.

Sally

Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0644s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb