only me again!


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » East » Tanga
November 20th 2010
Published: November 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Another two weeks have gone by so quickly, I have been busy at school as the kids have been doing their exams. The rains have come in the village which is great for the villagers and their crops but it has made walking around really difficult its very, very slippery and the walk and drive down the mountain have been horrible! Is even more beautiful now though as everything has gone from dusty and brown to lush and green. Yamba looks completely different. It was andys birthday last week and there was a big celebration, the villagers had written three songs in honor of him, goodness knows what lies in store for us at our leaving party.
Have been helping out at Simba club (the child sponsorship scheme) we have been writing letters to the sponsors, there are about 70 'simbas' and about another 150 children who need sponsoring. The children are either orphans, have parents who are sick or from single parent families. Sponsors pay ten pounds a month and the kids get things like school uniforms, books, stationary, mosquito nets and toiletries. Some of the money goes towards the ambulance appeal, they are trying to buy a new car to use for emergency trips to hospital.
Back in Tanga for the weekend and it is very hot, think it is going to be a shock getting back to the cold in England.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



23rd November 2010

Katie - we sent lots of party things and a few little things for the boys who drew Tom a picture. Did you get them? They went to your PO Box number. They were sent a few weeks ago.
26th November 2010

just got the parecl
hi wendy just got the parcel, have sent you an email. thankyou xxx

Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0561s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb