Complaints


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » East » Dar es Salaam
May 13th 2006
Published: May 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

So far the trip has been great with only a few problems. However, this is my turn to complain. if you dont want to hear them stop reading.

1. poor and muddy roads
2. lots of rain. no more beach trips
3. worrying about being robbed
4. poor public transport esp. at night
5. taxis that try and rip you off
6. now living a bit far from everything (esp. with regards to going out at night, see #4 and #5.) (and lack of night time activities other than the local bar)
7. being mzungu and standing out big time
8. not understanding all the swahili
9. lack of american foods (finally starting to catch up with me)
10. going into places that dont have change for a 10,000 note (less than ten dollars)

i guess thats about it and its not too bad considering its a developing country with people that are starving. i guess a bit of guilt factor exists (knowing that i will never have to worry about food even here) also knowing ill never "fit in" the way i could (more or less) in england.

i spent some time today hoeing like a true african peasant. everyone at the center wanted to be in pictures of a mzungu with a hoe and actually laboring.

thats about it. maybe the next one will be more upbeat. also im trying to meet with ngos but not having much response through email. suggestions?

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0362s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb