holiday from holiday


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » East » Dar es Salaam
June 22nd 2007
Published: June 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

23.06.07
we are back in Dar Es Alaam after a few days "holiday" from holiday. We spend three days at a beach camp called sunrise Beach resort ( www.sunrisebeachresort.co.tz ) wallowing in the warm ocean and having "room service" at the campsite. We got stuck in the beachsand while trying to reach the campsite. Right next to the waterline it was no more go. First low gear and all ... no way... we had to dig the landi out. You won't beleive how fast you can dig when the water is closding in. As soonm as the water reaches the car it undermines the tyres and the car could tip over the side. So we digged faster.. and what can I say, we managed with the help of a few fishermen and fast digging. (I dramatized this a bit, it sounds so much more adventurous. First landi lost to fire ... next one to the sea ...) We had a wonderful time and are now back to the sea cliff hotel for a great breakfast buffet. In a few minutes we are off to Zansibar and will leave the car in the care of this hotel here. When back will will update you about our experience on the spice island.
Ines I got your message and we hope it won't become heavy. But please keep us updated. Sorry guys, no pictures this time, but I am in a hurry to board our daladala (taxi) to ZANSIBAR ... can't wait

Advertisement



22nd June 2007

We wish you a nice time at Zansibar and we are waiting for a new report. Ihr geht anscheinend auch keinem Abeuteuer aus dem Weg. Das mit dem fast abgesoffenen Auto hört sich gut an. Mal was neues! Also Vorsicht !!!! Viele Grüße aus Mainz von Beate und Siggi
22nd June 2007

Zanzibar
Wow!!! We are so enjoying your blogs from afar. We have always hoped to get to Zanzibar one day at about this time of year--because of the temperature being slightly cooler. Take loads of pics so we can see them in Dec.Enjoy and keep well..
26th June 2007

Not again
You two seem to get yourselves into the most adventurous modes imagineable.... first fire and now water. Glad it turned out ok this time. Ditto to the statement that we are enjoying your blogs, its great to keep up with where you are and the stories are great. Keep enjoying
26th June 2007

Advice on Kenya
Hello despite your comments on Zanzibar we long to go there though it doesn't surprise us about the less friendly people. I'm not sure what you've heard about Kenya so can't really give you advice. You shouldn't have any problem just keep your eyes open and your wits about you. Let us know your route so maybe we can advise a little more. Please use the contacts we gave you if you need any immediate advice or help - they will all be able to help. It's a beautiful country with very nice people so enjoy, drive carefully, not at night - you will be used to taxi driving but watch out for the buses too! Lots of love and let us know if we can help more. It's very wintery here with a little snow on our mountains this morning.

Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0627s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb