swaziland


Advertisement
Swaziland's flag
Africa » Swaziland » Ezulwini Valley
September 15th 2012
Published: September 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: swaziland 30 secs
This was my 1st time out of the country (RSA).

I was so excited to get my 2st stamp in my passport and say that I went to the Magical Swaziland.

This country is so rich in culture and heritage, that i just wanted to see every attraction and explore more. My visit was a Week away in the stunning Ezulwini Valley with the mountain range surrounding us as a maganifisant back drop.

We went to see the royal cral and hear all about the culture of the swazi people, intresting as I got to see the dance of the people, drink of thier home made beer and met a Shangoma.

The House on Fire is a unique attraction, fairly new. But ba site to see as there are many artistic patterns, statues, sayings and funny things that are not of the norm. Here they have conserts, shows and weddings. The resturant there has amazing food and a good stop over. Arty shops for many tourist that want handy crafts or special a hand made jewerly.

The Royal Museum is where the former King is bearied, you may not take pictures of the glass coffin, there is a security gaurd 24/7. The former kings cars are all stored there and you can see how he upgraded as times progressed. The enternal flame is lite every time there is a special occasion for the Royal Family. A brief history is given to you by a travel guide and you are free to explore the museum.

The best part of this holiday was doint the Canopy Roof top tours. This is where you swing (in a harnas) from mountain to mountain, all by yourself, you control the speed and when you want to stop- that comes with practice. The view and the adrenaline of the speed and the hight really get your heart pumping for more. This lets You experience Swaziland from a whole new hight. You have to be brave to do this, but id recommend it , as not only did i do it, my mother and father did it too. (impressed), What a relief when you head back and have a cup of tea and take in what you had just done.

Ngwenya Glass factory is famous for making some of the most beautiful glass wear in RSA. You are aloud to see how the glass gets blown into shapes and different moulds. It get quite hot in there , but definatly a stop to go to.

Ezulweni Sun has the best Spa to go and relax. A 5 start spa that gives you absolute royal treatment. Golf and plenty of other activities are avaliable,casinos , resturants and cultural villages.


Additional photos below
Photos: 89, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0526s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb