Criminal Justice


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa
June 26th 2006
Published: June 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

So it has been about a week. But I guess that I have been really busy without even realizing it.

Last week a security guard strike ended. These security guards guarded some type of copper wire buried in the ground. I am not sure of the purpose of this wire but I believe it was for some type of utility. Copper can be sold for good money and people apparently steal it regularly. But anyway while this union was on strike for three months 25 security guards died. When a union goes on strike in this country you don’t make money unless you work and if you go to work during the strike than you are risking death because the people that are refusing to work will kill you. But it is not all of the people in the striking union that are murderers but about 12 men were thought to be the gang of people who had been involved in the killings of these 25 security guards trying to do the right thing to support their families. I understand that there is a purpose to a strike but when is too far too far. Unions make good money in the first place in comparison with most of the other people in this country but not enough to support a family for three months when they are too stubborn to work. And how exactly does killing your fellow employee help your cause?

This kind of leads to something else that I recently learned about this country: They have outlawed the death penalty. To try to reduce overcrowding in the prisons they give shorter sentences and out of jail punishment. I am not sure what ‘out of jail’ punishment is exactly but the criminal justice system in this country is lacking to say the least. Crime is also out of control, the two very much go hand in hand but are a very bad combination.

But then as if it is not enough to have tax payers paying for all of these criminals to be in jail they are currently saying that these people in jail have the right to HIV/AIDS medications. Are the taxpayers going to have to pay for that too? Of course.

This week looks like it is going to be an exciting one. Tomorrow I am going to see some lion cubs. Wednesday we are going to take the mailers to the post office. This month the mailer is on Romans 10. Please pray that the readers of these mailers would be affected by their message and understand it.

Last week I saw the children at the two schools for the last time as they are going on school vacation. It was a great joy to see those kids every week and I am going to miss them. On Sunday at the one school unedati suffered quite a fall. He tripped and there was no way for him to catch himself. Praise God that he mist have an amazing bone density because aside from some stiffness he is doing well.

1 Thessalonians 5:22

Abstain from every form of evil.

Being over here I am realizing all of the things that can be interpreted as evil. As a Christian people are watching me all of the time (you don’t even have to be a Christian for this to be true) but particularly as a Christian people are looking for ways to call you a hypocrite and excuses as to why they don’t need religion, God, etc. I am realizing all of the things in my life which are not pointing people towards Christ. I can make all of the excuses that I want to condone my actions but the fact of the matter is that these actions are not glorifying to God and therefore have no purpose other than to satisfy my fleshly desires.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb