On the way home to Oz


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa
May 21st 2009
Published: May 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi guys
am in airport about to fly to J'Berg and then to Syd. Seems i lost the blog I wrote yesterday. Poor Fi has had horrible case or Gastro for last few days, but has been an absolute trooper and soldiered on. We spent 2 days at Stellenbosch and it is the most gorgeous town, made up of restaurants, shops, cafes, a university and the famous wineries. Unfortunately, we didnt make the wineries, as sat down to have lunch at beautiful restaurant and didnt leave until 11pm. We felt we may have compensated by the wines we did consume, however, our waitress was from Geelong, so we could have been drinking anything. We had a great time, and then headed back to Cape Town. Spent yesterday going over to Robben Island on the ferry. The city of Cape Town is really beautiful with Table Mountain in the back ground. Robben Island is where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned for much of his life, and the ex-prisoners now run tours aroudn the island and provide the history which is fascinating, used to be a leper colony prior to a prison for common and political prisons - heaps of lovely penguins on the island.
We had a final dinner and celebration, and now keen to get home to see beautiful Matthew and the feral kids. Please continue to pray for my friend Prue, who is over in Athens caring for her very ill father in hospital and trying to organise to medivac him home.
Thanks everyone for your messages, I will post some photos on the site when I get home. Nic, you have done a wonderful job of organising the fundraising lunch, cant wait!
Love and kisses, Lisaxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Back to CapetownBack to Capetown
Back to Capetown

Common sight, shanty towns for all the thousands of refugees
Robben Island SARobben Island SA
Robben Island SA

Nelson Mandelas prison cell for 20 years
Robben IslandRobben Island
Robben Island

Yard for the serious political offenders
Robben IslandRobben Island
Robben Island

same yard
Capetown AqariumCapetown Aqarium
Capetown Aqarium

feeding the turtles


Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.076s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb