Table Mountain


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape
May 10th 2013
Published: May 10th 2013
Edit Blog Post

It’s 8:30 PM here, we just got back from dinner, and Brady is already asleep on the couch. Maybe we should scale back the physical activity if we plan to run a half marathon on Sunday, but it’s been too much fun hiking and exploring the Cape to slow down now.

This morning we set out on one of those ultra touristy, red double decker sight-seeing buses to get to Table Mountain. Since they run every twenty minutes and you can hop on and off, they are a super easy way to get around town. We rode the cable car up to the summit of the mountain, which was amazing on top. The views went on and on, and you could see down to the tip of the Cape of Good Hope, the most south-westerly point in Africa. After a couple hours of hiking around and lunch, we talked ourselves into repelling off of the top of the mountain. In a couple days you can check www.abseilafrica.co.za/gallery.php . They took a picture of the both of us about to go over the edge. It should be under the May 10th photographs. Going down a sheer cliff, 3,000 ft. above sea level with nothing more than a couple ropes was just crazy. Brady had done this a few times in Colorado, but he said it was nothing like this. So glad we did it. We finished up the day by taking the bus around some very nice beaches and affluent suburbs up along the Atlantic Coast and finished up at the V&A Waterfront. It’s a nice waterfront with lots of restaurants, shops, a mall, and street musicians.

Looks like Brady will just have to wait to blog until tomorrow. He’s out cold; the sheer terror of repelling must’ve have gotten to him more than me haha. I’ll let him defend that later.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



11th May 2013

No way
I don't believe any of this! First, Brady sleeping more then Josh, and repelling off cliffs. Who is this, and what did you do with my brothers?
11th May 2013

I'm jelous!
I was there a few years ago, I love Cape Town. Don't forget to have some fish & chips at the V&A waterfront, while you sit outside in front of the boats, with breeze through your hair... I will be creating a blog about Cape Town at some point, you can check it out in a few months at affordabletravelworld.blogspot.ca I would love to go back again, enjoy the rest of your trip!
11th May 2013

Repelling
Wow! Lewis and Clark have nothing on you guys! Modern day adventurers! Love the pictures and blogs. Miss you both, can't wait to hear all of your storie's.

Tot: 0.296s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0524s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb