Home at last!


Advertisement
Published: February 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Our South African Trip

We began at Cape Town & travelled to Riversdale via Worcester & Robertson. We then travelled to Still Bay and Albertinia along the coast to Storm Bay just after Plettenberg bay. Then to Jeffreys Bay, Port Elizabeth, Addo Elephant Park.

Still BayStill BayStill Bay

Looks like our beaches, but this is the Indian ocean.
Hi All,

We finally arrived home at about 9 pm on Friday, 20th February and now that I have my internet back I am going to take you through the rest of our fabulous trip. In this way you won't have to sit through looking at all my photos later on.

Above is a map which I hope will show you our journey.

I will begin on the 26th January which was the day after the braai and when we began our tour of the garden route which takes in part of the western and eastern capes of South Africa.

We left Riversdale at about 1 pm and decided to take a quick trip down to Still Bay. However, it was a lot further than we had thought and by the time we got back onto the main road we decided to stop at our first game reserve , "Garden Route game Lodge" at Albertinia.

Unfortunately we were too late for the afternoon safari, but booked in for the morning one and went to look at the cheetahs. The cheetahs were in enclosures before being released into the park as apparently they have a lot of
CheetahsCheetahsCheetahs

Very cute!
trouble surviving in the wild.

27th January - Our first safari!
We left at 7 am and saw lots of animals, including giraffes, zebras, springbok, lions and elephants. Although only a small private game park without a huge number of animals, it was exciting for our first safari.

We then drove through Knysna, Plettenberg Bay to Storms River in Tsitskamma National Park. It was drizzling rain when we arrived and all the activities and things we could see were closed due to the weather. However, we stayed in a lovely little English-style hotel.







Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

GiraffeGiraffe
Giraffe

From a distance!
GiraffesGiraffes
Giraffes

Up close and personal!
The lion and 2 lionessesThe lion and 2 lionesses
The lion and 2 lionesses

The park is not allowed to breed, so he has been given the snip.


Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0623s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb