Tsitsikamma National Park
Background: After the British seized the Cape of Good Hope area in 1806, many of the Dutch settlers (the Boers) trekked north to found their own republics. The discovery of diamonds (1867) and gold (1886) spurred wealth and immigration and intensified the subjugation of the native inhabitants. The Boers resisted British encroachments, but were defeated in the Boer War (1899-1902). The resulting Union of South Africa operated under a policy of apartheid - the separate development of the races. The 1990s brought an end to apartheid politically and ushered in black majority rule.
Photos from Tsitsikamma National Park
No Start a Travel Diary Free Travel Blog Site
Blogs from Tsitsikamma National Park
Latest Blogs from Tsitsikamma National Park
- May 21st 2013 Dear Nellie
by Words: 118 Photos: 3
- May 12th 2011 Tsitsikamma is Just a Fun Word to Say
by Words: 754 Photos: 10
- March 6th 2010 Million dollar views but without the price tag!
by Words: 563 Photos: 11
- November 11th 2009 Beautiful Tsitsikamma
by Words: 1084 Photos: 14
- September 10th 2009 One more week left...
by Words: 27 Photos: 0
- February 22nd 2009 Home at last!
by Words: 286 Photos: 9
- December 19th 2008 Nature over load
by Words: 1015 Photos: 17
- December 10th 2008 Western Cape, South Africa
by Words: 489 Photos: 0
- November 9th 2008 Mountain biking extreme
by Words: 104 Photos: 0
- November 8th 2008 Swartsberg pass to storms river
by Words: 46 Photos: 0
- October 2nd 2008 About a lot of water!
by Words: 1241 Photos: 48
- April 24th 2008 Tsitsikamma and Storms River Village
by Words: 312 Photos: 12
- December 2nd 2007 Tsitsikama
by Words: 471 Photos: 3
- April 26th 2007 Tsitsikamma Rocks!
by Words: 830 Photos: 7
- March 15th 2007 Otter Trail powered by Jambos
by Words: 1040 Photos: 7