It's hot outside.


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Stellenbosch
February 27th 2010
Published: February 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Actually, it would be an understatement to say that it's hot outside. This isn't just tank top and shorts heat that I'm talking about, this is the stupidly hot heat that brings the entirety of Blok 4 to its knees. This is the kind of heat where any amount of energy that needs to be exerted is too much energy. This is the kind of heat where even walking to the pool isn't quite worth melting during the walk there. There is nothing you can do about it but hang out inside with bikini top and a cold drink and hope that maybe the hot African summer sun won't do too much damage today, and maybe if you're lucky, the sprinklers will turn on. As soon as the mercury hits 43 C, its all over from there. Academia is a ghost town when its this hot.

Those reading must understand that I live in Vermont, where 3 days of 85 degree weather is a heat wave. Last Saturday it was 46 C at its hottest, and I didn't even know what to do with myself. Stupidly, we decided that a trek to the liquor store would be a good idea. We all suffered the wrath. I don't know how South Africans do it, and how their bleached tipped mullets stay in tact in this weather. Oh yeah, another thing.... mullets are apparently a highly classy haircut here. Even stranger, I have been witness to girls kissing these mullet-headed men. Its like a strange oxymoron that I don't understand, and I just don't ask questions. Just leave it be.

At the very least, we have Col'Cacchio to deliver delicious pizza to us. Mmmm.

Advertisement



19th March 2010

Weather!
Isn't it autumn in S.Africa? Do they have winter? We're getting 12 inches of snow today, and the spring breakers are happy. Are you in class or do you get a break? How's your Afrikaan(sp) coming? And your art metals class. The fabrics I bought look beautiful at the ranch. Keep your comments coming, I do enjoy them. love, Marnie

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0307s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb