We Know...We Know, But Here's Hout Bay


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Hout Bay
March 29th 2009
Published: March 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The Beach at Hout BayThe Beach at Hout BayThe Beach at Hout Bay

The ocean - as far as I've seen down here - goes from the clearest crystally blue to a lovely shade of aquamariney green.
Greetings from the Bottom of the World to All and Sundry!

I know...I know...this has been a long time in coming. As you have all made very obvious to me with your thinly veiled threats to my life. So here they are.

May I introduce to you Hout Bay

So these pictures are all of the place where our program advisors Andrea and Kevin Patrick live with their little son Ben and their huge Rhodesian Ridgeback Arno (who is actually a dog, not a small dinosaur like his size and name would suggests).

They took us out to Hout Bay to go to our little Arcadia orientation in the beginning of the semester. Well first we went to the Africa Cafe in Cape Town where they serve traditional foods from all over Africa. Then Becky, Vanessa and I went to go stay in their guest house in Hout Bay. Which is where we got our lovely little 24 hour stomach bug of doom - Welcome to Africa.

Then we had out orientation in a lovely little hotel, spent some time on the beach and then trucked back up to the Patrick's house for a braai and a lovely walk out to Sandy Bay for the sunset. And that was that,

You'll see that there are some pictures of our little modules tacked to the end of the picture list - this was prompted by my mum's not so subtle hints that she just needed to know what it looked like where we lived . So there they are.

Up next is the penguins at Boulder Beach which was what rounded off the Arcadia Hut Bay weekend. So get ready for some little tuxedoed birds.

Love and hugs,
Kaitlyn


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

Behind the BeachBehind the Beach
Behind the Beach

We had out little Arcadia conference in the hotel up there.
There It IsThere It Is
There It Is

We didn't actually make it all the way to the bottom, what with the snakes that roam the brush and the nudist beach frequented by middle-aged German men at the bottom.
Waiting for the SunsetWaiting for the Sunset
Waiting for the Sunset

That's me sitting and playing with the finest of fine white sand that I have ever encountered.
The Walk BackThe Walk Back
The Walk Back

Yeah two miles is no problem - two miles through fine and shifting sand dunes - yeah, that can be an issue
Our Little RoomOur Little Room
Our Little Room

Becky, Vanessa, and I's guest room at Andrea and Kevin's in Hout Bay.
The ViewThe View
The View

This is what it looks like from their balcony.
So This is the ModuleSo This is the Module
So This is the Module

There have been some requests for pictures of our actual little living spaces, so I just tacked them on the end of this blog. This is half the kitchen and Candide's door.
Our Little StoveletteOur Little Stovelette
Our Little Stovelette

Other half of the kitchen and my door.
My Bed in the NookMy Bed in the Nook
My Bed in the Nook

There is more decoration now - these were taken very early in the semester. I can't stand living in little grey concrete boxes.


Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0469s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb