Day 4


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Clanwilliam
August 25th 2013
Published: August 26th 2013
Edit Blog Post

The hotel in Clanwilliam was an interesting place. Main course, dessert then soup (we cancelled the soup).

The trip today was over undulating dirt, a long day all the way to Springbok. The first parts of the day we had a perfect latte and carrot cake at a brilliant cafe set in the wilderness run by a lovely couple (the boys were particularly impressed by the lady of the house). Pam bought a china plate, which John complained about having to carry in his truck.

After that a short run to the Smidswinkel restaurant for lunch - another toasty. And then the "hard run" to Springbok, 150km of sandy dirt. Beautiful scenery and wild flowers, the photos don't do it justice. And then we wind up in the most eccentric hotel in Springbok.

Jan, the owner greets us with "hello, welcome, you will be safe here". Slightly unnerving, had felt pretty safe up to that point anyway! Settle down to watch Man City get embarrassed by Cardiff. Then a perfect Boer dinner of roast lamb, chicken pie, carrots with cinnamon, green beans wrapped in bacon, spuds...all on the same plate.

In bed before 9:30 - weather still cool.







a . The first


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0533s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb