Conquering Lions Head


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Cape Town
September 26th 2012
Published: September 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

lions head view lions head view lions head view

http://www.sanparks.org/about/news/images/lions_head.jpg
6:30 am, wake up and get ready. the two most impossible tasks to perform at that time.

last week i decided to start hiking, i chose lions head as my first adventure and arriving at 7am to wait for your dad to pitch so you can begin your hike is not easy.

ofcourse he loves the wilderness so for him getting up at 6am is very easy. hes awake and ready, im trying to find a nice rock to crawl up under and die.

its still very cold in Summer but it goes as soon as the sun comes out. the crystal clear sky at 6:30 in the morning is a great way to start your day. once the outing had began and as we made our way up the mountain the tiredness falls away and i start enjoying myself.

i have a back pack that is purpose built for hiking and brand new shoes that i bought especially for this mountain hiking phase of mine. i know its a phase cause like everything i do eventually i get bored and move on, but its not all bad. before mountain hiking it was road cycling and that was one of the more dangerous phases id been on almost coming short more than once.

we make it half way and stop for a rest, lifting your head from the deep consentration of making sure you dont step on a horrible snake or loose rock that could ruin your day entirely, i look up and see what all the fuss was about, the route offers great views and amazing scenery, a real wildnerness so close to the hussle and bustle of the big city.

one can almost picture the first settlers here scoping out where they'll set up camp, wheres safe from wild animals and where they will have access to clean water.



the sumit offers beautiful 360 degree views that seem to go on forever. the hike was simply made worth it by the highest point of the trip, the sumit!.



.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb