Capetown


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Cape Town
April 17th 2007
Published: April 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Sun15th
Last day on the truck and only a short jouney which we had a sing song the whole way. When we arrived we went on a township tour and saw all the different types of houses that the black people lived in since being thrown out of the city in the appartide- they range from shanty shacks to what look like english bungalows. The flats that we built for 16 workers to live in when they came from the country to work now house 16 families!
In the evening the group went out for a last meal and onto a pub and club. It was a good night.

Mon 16th
I changed hostels to a smaller one more central so I was staying near Linn and Eileeen and Jane and Nick, and then they all moved into the hostle as well so it's worked out really well. I went shopping and wandered aroung town with the Norways and in the eve Holly joined us.

Tue 17th
Day of sorting stuff out but tonight Norways, Nick, Jane, Clare, Sarah, Matt and I are all going to Niki and Gary's who are staying in an appartment.

Tomorrow I'm going Kite surfing and then Paul is coming in the evening- yay. We are going to Roben Island and hopefully up table mountain on Thursday and then a wine tour with the others on Friday.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0378s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb