Did you say "Wine tour?"


Advertisement
Published: July 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Well finally we write. we have just spent the lasthree days in Cape Town, staying at the waterfront in the Commodore hotel. Would highly recommend this place, very clsoe to all the action and great rooms and service.

Deb arrived late on Thursday nightnas she missed her connecting flight in Joburg as late leaving Sydney, ended up arriving at 10pm instead of 7 pm. on Friday the waether was really bad, so we jumped in the car with Ash and Mich (maccas people) and headed on a drive. we left CT and headed to St James which is a well known surf beach south east of the city. didnt stop as too wet. we then headed to Simons town and the Penguin colony, we didnt pay the 45rand to see them instead wedrove a little further where you can see them for free lol. there wernt many out due to the bad waether. We then headed toward Cape Point didnt go down there though as we would have got blown of the Cape of Good Hope. Continued driving and at one stage the wather was so bad we had to pull to the side of the road as we couldnt see where the road was.we stopped at Nordhoek so Deb could try some Biltong (dried meat), she liked it a little. Came up over Chapmans peak, which is well worth the drive and down into Hout bay. You have to pay to go over the peak about R35. we headed back to the city and had lunch at the Waterfront, then got dropped at the hotel, and that was see ys to my maccas mates.

Weather on Saturday not much better, but we caught the Hop on Hop off bus and headed for the Green Market Square in the central city. Worth a visit, as there are lots of craft objects avaliable. Went to a yummy cafe for lunch, then had to head back to Hotel as we were going on a tour to Cape Point, well thats what we thought. Got picked up at 2pm and hopped in the van. The lady already in there started to talk about wine tours and going to Stellenbosch, we were wondering what she was going in about as we were heading to the cape. Nek minute the driver hops in and says " Welcome to the half dayntour of wine tasting in Stellenbosch" Deb and I just looked at each other and started laughing, oh well no Cape Point. So off we went and did the wine tasting, very enjoyable!!!!!

Advertisement



23rd July 2012

Great update
Nice update guys. I love biltong and wine, so sounds like you having a great time, despite the weather. Hope rest of travels go well and weather improves :)

Tot: 0.214s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1549s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb