The next few days part 2 inc Christmas and boxing day!


Advertisement
Published: December 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We went for a wonder, found Wi-Fi and a super market real close, 2 things off our list we just need to find a restaurant open that we could go to too have Christmas lunch. Our search wasn’t going so well with every place we asked closing for Christmas, until we found a sign saying open for Christmas day… and what was it… McDonalds!



We left the thought of us potentially having to eat McDonalds for Christmas lunch behind us and found a Hillsong church that we could go to too get our hit of Christmas carols and get us in the mood for the big day. We went for carols on the Eve and also a service on xmas morning, which were both really nice although quite similar to each other (don’t think we were supposed to go to both). Like every church on Christmas day, they have a section dedicated to bringing the kids up and asking them what they got for Christmas; there were the usual teddy bear, power ranger, hairbands, a way-to-provocative belly dancing doll but they were all topped off when a girl of perhaps 10 said that she had got an iPad... only at hillsong hey.



We really didn’t want McDonalds for lunch, so we hit the water front after church, in our search to find a restaurant that would give us some food on Christmas day. What we found was a packed sea front with every restaurant and shop open like it was any other day. We were expecting to see a few people going for an afternoon walk to get rid of those extra calories they have just put on but found people shopping! And I don’t mean, ‘woops I didn’t get enough turkey so I need to get some more’ shopping. We were both pretty shocked that people weren’t at home with their families eating turkey but were in the mall eating sushi. We were also one of these people eating sushi in the mall, watching previous football matches from earlier in the season, but it was still wrong.



We left the water front and are now sitting on our balcony watching the sun go down behind Table Mountain and reading our books. We are waiting to Skype families this afternoon and had a nice Skype convo yesterday with the Wilkinson ‘clan’.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb