KRUGER DAY 1


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Northern Cape » Orange River
July 1st 2010
Published: July 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Another early start for our journey to Kruger. We got a bit apprehensive after passing signs stating: “beware high risk car hi jacking area” and “beware of the hippo’s” !!!!!!!!! To name but a few. The journey took us through a market on the outskirt of a Township - it was quite a sight. I wasn’t worried Dan honest.
When we finally reached Paul Kruger Gate we heaved a sigh of relief. Although the journey through the High and Lowveld’s was spectacular, with regards to feeling comfortable, it was probably the worse.
Our cottage, classed as luxury, is quite basic but big. It is right on the Sabi riverside and the outlook is superb. There are baboons and little monkeys all over the place. They are a nuisance. Our kitchen is outside the cottage. A sign is placed at the accommodation telling us to keep a chair against the fridge door because the apes can open the fridge and steal your food. We keep ours firmly guarded, we don’t want any drunk apes in our area,only Roger and I ha ha.
One of the restaurants here is an old steam train. The food is good and as everywhere else, reasonably priced. Only thing was, Dumb and Dumber got lost trying to find it and we were walking in the dark, using a torch for illumination. It took us 35 minutes to get there and 5 to get back- truly. Believe me; the last place you want to be lost, is in a game reserve. After dinner we went to the internal fan fest, which was very lively, with all nationalities. Heard the hyenas laughing, during the night, probably at Dumb and Dumber getting lost earlier. Full day safari tomorrow.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 60; dbt: 0.1074s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb