KRUGER DAY 2


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Gauteng » Johannesburg
July 1st 2010
Published: July 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Arrived at the meeting point for the game drive at 6.15 a.m we are getting used to these early starts now. The game drive operator arrived and advised us that 6 of us were on the drive today. At 6.45 no one else arrived. After waiting a suitable length of time we left. Just Roger and I on our own private safari, what luck.
My goodness what an experience. Our drive vehicle was big and when we went over rough terrain, we were shaken, definitely not stirred. We saw some of the most wonderful scenes. Elephants, rhino, hippo, giraffes, to name but a few. I really cannot express in words some of the sights we saw. As I have said in earlier posts my camera is not good enough to give a true reflection on what we witnessed. The Kruger Park is breathtakingly beautiful. We are so glad that we have had the opportunity to witness some of these special surprises. Our guide advised us to do a walking drive. When we arrived back at the camp we enquired, but they are fully booked. We met our neighbour, just going off to a bush brai (bbq) We didn’t know about that either, boo hoo.
Sitting outside our cottage, drowning our sorrows over the morning drive and bush bbq, with a glass of wine, that the monkeys couldn’t steal, we heard a rustle in the reeds and low and behold before our eyes a hippo came out for a wallow in the river. What a spectacular sight. A perfect end to a near perfect day. Tomorrow we are going to go out for a game drive in our own car and an organised night drive - can’t wait.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



6th July 2010

You lucky so & sos!
What a trip you are having....such spectacular sights and experiences. Glad you are having such a fabulous time. The Surrey wildlife is going to seem very tame after your safaris. Enjoy the rest of your time away...and don't get lost on the way home! Sue H

Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0837s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb