Two Leopard in tree for you and for me


Advertisement
Published: June 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -23.9561, 31.4416

Up and stopped to see what was happening at Sunset Dam as we ate our breakfast. It was quite a busy morning with buffalo, wildebeest, zebra, impala, baboons, crocs and hippos moving in and out of view and stopping to have a drink and then head back off into the bush. There were storks, egrets and ibis all over the place and it was very interesting to see the action there at the waterhole.

We were a little disappointed with the signal strength we were getting with MTN here in the park. Robert talked to some of the people at reception and they said VODACOM had better reception and you could get some service at the CNA store in Kommatisport on a Sunday so we decided to head there and see what we could see.

Found the place and bought some more time with VODACOM and then went to the Spar and did some shopping. Always can find something we need to buy but did not do too badly. The music in the CNA and Spar were quite loud after the natural quiet of Kruger!

Got back to our camp and our neighbor told us about a leopard kill that was not far from the camp. We got our chores finished and headed over that way. Perfect timing. Of course the word was out and there were several cars pulled up at the site but just as we arrived the leopard reappeared and headed up the tree! It was an acacia tree and the limbs were not very big and the leopard was a fairly good sized leopard! The antelope he had up the tree did not look that very large but we got some good sightings of him and his kill. Oops, all of sudden, he drops part of the kill down to the ground. While we were watching this, I looked over to the side and there was another leopard! When the first leopard dropped to the ground to pick up the fallen meat, the other leopard jumped into the tree and the first leopard turns and jumps back into the tree and the second leopard heads back down to the ground! Lots of excitement but fortunately so violent drama!

Nice viewing of all of the excitement! Back to the camp and had dinner at our camp and then went and visited with our neighbors about sightings and life in general.



Additional photos below
Photos: 74, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.183s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0467s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb