Safari - Krugerpark


Advertisement
Published: October 28th 2014
Edit Blog Post

The bus which brought us to the camp, picked us up at Pretoria at 6am. We arrived around 12.00 at the camp where we slept for 3 nights. We were a group of 10 with Rosan, Joyce, Jennifer (3 dutch girls), Christine, Marina, Christina (3 german girls), Anders (swedish guy) and Mauro (italian man). That same day we went to an rehabilitation center were we saw a lot of animals already and had the chance to touch a cheetah!!! Next day we woke up at 4.30am to drive with a 4x4 jeep to the gate of the Krugerpark. Now we saw a wild cheetah, which is not common at all. Moreover, we saw leopards, elephants, zebras, girafes, baboons, lot of bird (zazou's, eagles...), etc. That evening we got a traditional african meal and went early to bed to wake up the next morning again at 4.30 am. The day began with rain and as we had been so lucky the day before, we didn't except too much. But luck stricked us again seeing lions from a distance of 1 meter from the car and on our way back to camp, we saw wild dogs! Moreover, we saw 5 female lions and 1 male hunting down some Buffalo's (extraorinary: our guide that is now a guide for 20years saw that twice)! Under a spell of unbelieve we drove back to the camp for a barbecue and partyyy night. We danced the sun dance (invented by Hélène) around the fire with all of us and afterwards danced an african dance leaded by our guide (Loyd), who was an amazing and really passionated guide! The last day we visited the Echo-caves and canyon, which is the 3th biggest in the world.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



3rd December 2014
Touched a cheetah at moholoholo

This is really cool.
Hi, I got your message on Facebook. I am so glad you shared your blog address with me, now I can follow your every trip here. I was thinking you haven't use FB for a while and thought might be at a place have no internet. Now I can check your blog, this is great. I like the girl in this pic looking at like "don't take my picture".

Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0473s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb