Kruger National Park


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Mpumalanga » Kruger National Park
November 10th 2008
Published: November 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We are now back in South Africa and about to leave for Johannesburg. We spent the last two days in the Kruger area and went on two very different game drives.

The first game drive is a night drive (one and a half hours either side of sunset) in a small game reserve called Thornybush. After the first hour it had already became the best game drive of the tour so far and by the end it was better than all the previous game drives combined. The reason is because of the concentration of game in the area and that the drive in 4x4's so we were able to go off-track to get closer to the animals. Sometimes a little too close. An elephant came over to check out our front wheel and for a moment I, sitting by that wheel, got really scared because I thought we were being charged. You really don't want to be charged by an elephant! Later, a lioness decided to check out our back wheel, which gave the girls at the back quite a fright. The only dissappointment was that we, again, missed out on seeing a leopard but we can hardly complain about what we had seen.

The second and last game drive was in Kruger the next day. This was quite dissappointing and most of us fell asleep in the jeep. I think we are a bit spoilt with the animals we had already seen and the elephant, antelopes, zebras and giraffes that we saw just doesn't excite us anymore. It's a shame because had it been a first game drive, we all probably would have thought it to be very good.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

KrugerKruger
Kruger

Borrrring


Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0547s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb