Kruger National Park


Advertisement
Published: May 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Since we missed a game park in Zimbabwe, we had the opportunity to go to Kruger National Park, renowned as one of the best game parks in Africa. Unfortunately what was supposed to be a 2 night stay in the park turned into a day trip because all of the camp sites had been long booked for the May day long weekend.

Within a few minutes of entering the park we spotted some African wild dogs which are one of the rarest animals in Africa. Shortly after that we saw a rhino in the bush. The rest of the day didn't really compare much to the start until late in the afternoon when we saw another pack of wild dogs laying in the grass (twice in one day!). Then we were rushing to get out of the park before the gates closed and ran into a traffic jam caused by a rhino pair blocking the road. A fun day overall, and we still aren't sick of game drives and seeing animals.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Traffic jamTraffic jam
Traffic jam

Rhino crossing.
WarthogWarthog
Warthog

Delicious!
DogDog
Dog

So ugly, yet so beautiful.


5th May 2008

Southern Africa
I've enjoyed your last several entries, especially since I did a self-safari in 2000 with a similar itinerary. Amazing places, all of them! Can't wait to visit Kruger again in a couple months. What camp did you stay at in the Okavango?

Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0343s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb