Travel to Leopard Hills


Advertisement
Published: May 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We took our last morning Safari in King's Camp. You can visit their site at www.kingscamp.com. Our tracker Sam was set on finding us a Rhino to complete the "BIG 5" game viewing.

We set off and found zebras, wildebeest (or Gnu as some call them) and a family of warthog's (as ugly as they are the baby warthog is still a cutie pie). We stopped to have hot chocolate as we spent about 1/2 hour with them around us. They seemed as curious about us as we were with them.

We thought all was lost about spotting the Rhino, Sam saw the tracks of one and we followed him in the bush knocking everything in our way over as the Rhino played hide and seek with us! He finally let us catch up and he was huge...breathtakingly huge. Ben and I had to "high five for seeing the big five" all in two days.

The sunrises and sunsets are stunning. I've heard the expression that it takes your breath away but it really does....just so magical.

We were then taken to a small air strip in the middle of no where and were met by a very small Cessna that fit just the four of us and we were off to Leopard Hills which was a short flight away but the scenery from 2000 feet was beautiful. You could spot the villages below and a herd of African Buffalo.

We were greeted with warm wash cloths and a beautiful local tea...I'll have to remember what that was - best I've ever tasted.

Our room (number 3) is beautiful with a dipping pool for when it gets hot. It also has an indoor/outdoor shower and a large claw footed bath that has floor to ceiling windows so you can enjoy the view while taking a bath...for those of you who know me well, this is a highlight for me. Ben has been enjoying the hammock and taking beautiful pictures with his camera. They are so good that I will have to begin posting his and not mine from my snapshot camera.

Our first Safari we immediately spotted a huge Rhino and he let us get within 10 feet. Very nice of him. We saw several more that day which really made my trip. We then happened upon three Giraffes and stayed with them
Our Evening Stop on the SafariOur Evening Stop on the SafariOur Evening Stop on the Safari

Loved this sunset stop each night at a different location -
for about 1/2 hour. The Safari always stops for wine and small treats at sunset which is always in opportunity to get to know the other guests in the Camp. Tonight we were with couples from Germany, the UK and Rome. It makes for interesting dinner conversations. When it was dark, we headed back for a fabulous dinner and diving into our wonderfully comfortable bed.

One final happy note - no mosquitoes....none....not even one....


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 5; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb