South African wedding


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Limpopo » Louis Trichardt
May 23rd 2009
Published: May 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today we were in for a very special occation - a wedding!! Since Grant was going and we needed to get back to SA we tagged along. 😉 Arivved in Makhato and found a backpackers called Zebra Inn. Fixed ourselves for the wedding, thank god we brought some nice clothes! *hehe*

The wedding started at four, and was held at this beautiful lodge at the bank of a dam surrounded by mountains. Said hello to the people we knew from Kasane. Mike and Jo, Rex and his wife, Paul was there too. And we met Law, a friend of Grant. Very nice guy! =)

Sat down and the bride, Lindie, came walking towards the groom, Clive. She was beautiful in her dress, just glowing with happiness! Listened to the ceremony and then mingeled around a bit before it was time for dinner. Three courses. Yikes! We only managed starter and main couse... *hehe* Great food!

Shared some sips of Jack Daniels with the groom and even danced some with the grooms dad. He was rocking the dancefloor despite his age. It was so cool to see!

It was a great evening with a lot of nice people. We feel very priviliged to have visited someones wedding. Imagine the hospitality to invite two strangers. This part of the world is truly friendly and we love it here!!


Info:
Zebra Inn dorm R130 p/p


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0478s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb