Kasane


Advertisement
Botswana's flag
Africa » Botswana » North-West » Kasane
May 21st 2009
Published: May 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

What an experience this has been! No info about prices unfortunately, since we did things in a slightly different way here. So here we go...

Took the bus from Maun to Nata where we were supposed to take the next bus to Kasane. The bus never came, so instead we hitch hiked with a pipeline worker in his pick up. Yes, it is safe to do so in Botswana! =) Arrived late afternoon only to discover that the accomodation was very costly, almost P600 per night! Went to an internet cafe to get some directions about a backpackers place. Instead we met Jo, a woman from New Zealand, and she arranged for us to stay with her brother in law! Well sure! What an experience! And it turned out to be these two lovely, polite, friendly guys sharing a house - Ryan and Grant. We love them!

During the week we stayed there we experienced so much that a backpacker normaly never experiences! The first night we went to a braii and met all their friends. In front of the house, located in a valley, they had a water hole and during the evening elephants came out from the woods to drink. What a sight!

Kim, such a sweet girl, offered us a free game drive only five minutes after she met us. Yes please! So the day after we went into Chobe National Park. We saw impalas, giraffes, kudu, elephants, hippos in the river and at the end of the day we even managed to spot three lions and a sable anthelope. What a day!

A few days later Ryan and Grant took us on a private tour through the park and we saw buffalos, vultures, a crocodile, puku, african fish eagle as well as all the other animals we saw on the first tour. Got some awesome pictures!

Another thing they introduced us to was rugby. What a great sport! We loved it and it was the game before the semi final - The Sharks against The Bulls. We are Bulls supporters by the way... =) And the Bulls won! Horrah!

We were also taken on a river cruise, and some jet skiing, a wonderful afternoon that ended with a very beautiful sunset. And the snake farm and the croc farm and the braiis and the 21st birthday party and the touch rugby we played and the shooting with rifles... Oh, it was such an eventful week!

We love this place and all the people we met!



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0825s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb