'Impossible' Leopard in Tree Sighting


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Limpopo » Hoedspruit
August 23rd 2015
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -24.349, 30.9543

Head back the direction we were heading and there are two more lions lying in the grass. They did not seem to be doing much so we continued on our journey. We had decided to head down Old Main(S90) to Gudzani Rd. Turned onto Gudzani road and came upon a group of cars stopped. Gentleman tells us there is a leopard in a tree, "just look through my dad's car window." This was not a real close leopard and there was some vegetation that made it difficult to get pictures. Some of the cars drove on and we were able to get into position to take some pictures. Tried from several different places to get the best possible shot.

Watch the leopard for awhile and some people drive up and we exchange information; we tell them of the leopard and they tell us of three lions at the Gudzani east waterhole. Head there and sure enough the lions are there and we were able to get in place where we watched them drink and then head off.

Had lunch at the Nwedzi picnic spot. Walked up to the overlook and were enjoying the view. There were some skittish waterbuck and giraffe. Never did see what they were so skittish about. Met some of the people that were part of the "Kruger:best place on earth." Visited with them for awhile before starting to head back. On the way back see six more rhino and two more lions. Was quite a Big Five day.



Additional photos below
Photos: 84, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0221s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb