Kruger trip day 2


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Limpopo » Hoedspruit
August 16th 2015
Published: September 1st 2015
Edit Blog Post

Day 2 of the 4 day trip started bright and early at the gates of the park. The lodge we stay at is outside of the park about 45 minutes away. Our vehicle now is an open air 4x4 type of jeep thing. It can hold probably 10 people and it looks so classic I really feel like Im on safari now!!! Before the sun cracked the horizon BAM! An elephant 50 feet away! Another 300 feet down the road and BAM! A giraffe posing for a photo op. Woa! There are animals everywhere just waiting to be seen! By 8:30 we had 4 of the Big 5 on camera. What the what?!?!?! Maybe I don’t even need to go on other safaris…we’ve seen everything!!! Everything except the lion that is…and actually the real reason I wanted to go to Kruger…or on any safari in the first place…Buuuuut there’s still tomorrow. The rest of the day was spent driving around searching for this normally ever present cat, but unsuccessful in our endeavors. Hopefully tomorrow will bring better luck as the aim is to do the same 8 hour drive looking for wild animals but especially the lion! For it is my birthday soon, I am a Leo, and maybe some hair about it. I’m trying to get inspiration for a tattoo and I think a lion represents Africa in quite a nice way so here’s to hoping!


Additional photos below
Photos: 52, Displayed: 22


Advertisement




Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1025s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb