What I've been up too.


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Limpopo » Hoedspruit
July 26th 2008
Published: July 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hey there,

Been so busy that it has been really diffcult to keep up to this, so here is a run down of what I've been up to for the past 3 weeks (time just seems to be flying by!).

So lets begin with my first week. We spent a lot of the 1st week around camp, we get up in the morning and then about 7.30 - 8am we go out and do some work, anything from digging sand and collecting rocks for the roads and lying out twigs to stop erosion, make the animals us a seperate route.
Then after the work we have breakfast and then a lecture about animals or conservation related, really interesting. Then it's lunch and then around 3pm before it gets dark we go for a drive through the bush or a walk. Then on evening we all sit down for lovely home cooked dinner and then we have TV, internet,cards, etc to do.

At the camp we have a watch tower as well and we have seen Elephant, Rhino,Giraffe, Zebra and impala all near the cap. We have also spotted very fresh lion prints very close to camp and also seen a Golden Bamboo Spider.

On a Friday evening we go out into the small town and we go out for a meal and then to the only small club that is open to 2am, which is good fun and then we sleep at backpackers which is what one of the owners at the camp own.

On our 1st Saturday here there was a big festival on in the town so me and other girl stayed in town that evening and went to it with a group of others. We had a great time.It has all little stalls around it selling food, clothes and all other types of things and then it had a big white beer tent in the middle with a stage in it. That evening they had a concert on and lots of cheap wine!It was great we were up dancing on the chairs and tables with the locals and singing along to songs that where in Afrikans!! The atmosphere and the experience of being there was great.

On the Sunday morning we travelled back to the camp and we had to do a treasure hunt in the bush, the girls agaisn't the boys. We had to find dung, rocks, leaves, branches, etc and take lots of photos and of course the girls won!!!! The deal was that the lads had to make breakfast but haven't seen that yet!!!!!

On a monday we get the chance to go to town to sort out anything and buy anything we need. We also like to go and have lunch at a very nice deli in the town.







Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



3rd August 2008

Hi
Looks like your having a good time. Like the photos' and look forward to seeing more.
4th August 2008

hello there
Hi Nicola - it looks like you are having a great time matey. Keep posting your photos of the trip and comments. Take care Ax
5th August 2008

Hello!
It sounds great, I am very jealous! Keep enjoying yourself and updating us when you have a minute! x

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0388s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb