We're Off.


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Gauteng » Johannesburg
June 12th 2010
Published: June 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Well, here we go.

After spending a pleasant hour or so, in the bar at Terminal 5, with a very nice Scots chap, who delighted in telling us he hopes England are home soon, we are now on the plane having a few bevvies. Still free with BA thank goodness. Before we left Roger and I were amazed at how many phone calls and texts we got telling us to have a good time and Keep Safe. Even the Scots guy told us the same - bless him.
The plane is full with England supporters, with the occasional other European supporter thrown in for good measure. A guy arrived dressed from head to foot in orange, he looked like an orange poppa smurf. No prizes for guessing who he was supporting, and for you non football fans, yes it is Holland.
The flight is such fun. Three hours into the 10 hour flight they ran out of beer. Within 45 minutes the vodka had gone boo hoo. Some of the boys have set up a bar in the flight attendants galley and they are pouring their own drinks and those of any who want to join them. The stewardess said it's incredible and they have never known anything like it. But they are taking it well and being extremely charming.
The England band is on this flight and we are just waiting for them to start up now. Not much more I can add about a flight. The fun begins tomorrow.

Jo'burg here we come.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.037s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0291s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb