Johnnesburg


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Gauteng » Johannesburg
April 25th 2009
Published: May 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The bus journey from Maputo to Johannesburg was a gooood one! The border crossing was a bit tricky though. Our 'bus helper' told us to leave the queue and go down some stairs where the queue was a lot shorter. -Great! we thought. But after queuing for about 10 minutes the woman at the desk refused to stamp our passports! -Only pedestrians! Bah! So we missed our place in the queue and now had to do it all over again??? Seemed like it. But our 'bus helper' came to our rescue! He took our passports and managed to get them all stamped before we even reached the desks. And so we could continue. The best part of the journey was about 20 minutes after the border when we saw 6-7 giraffes gracing from the trees next to the road. Welcome to South Africa! =)

We arrived in Johannesburg around 5 and took a taxi to the hostel Brown Sugar - an old mafia house. It was huge! And the staff was very friendly! Ordered in pizza from Scooter's for dinner, yum! And then went to bed. A bit tired after a whole day of traveling.

The next day, after the free hostel breakfast, we only had some hours before we needed to catch the plane south. Met a German guy named Alex, and we decided to head to China Town for lunch. Found this restaurant called Dragon Palace (or something like that) where we ate spring rolls, prawn soup and jelly fish - nice taste but rather weird consistence... But now we know what it's like anyway! =)


Info:
Dorm at Brown Sugar R90 p/p
Airport transfer R220
Taxi bus station - hostel R90
Dinner for 2 @ Scooter's ca R100



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 60; dbt: 0.057s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb