Days 24-26: Johannesburg, South Africa


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Gauteng » Johannesburg
February 19th 2007
Published: February 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After 24hours of travel we arrived in sunny South Africa! Of course, arriving and finding out the airline had lost half our luggage was a fun, fun moment..... not. However, seeing Maria and Tyron (and meeting Tyron's sister Kelli) was awesome!

We spent all day Wednesday at Sun City (2.5hrs drive from Joburg) with Maria, Kelli and Benedict, who's from Zululand and works for Maria and Tyron. It was fantastic weather in the mid-30s for most of the day, and though I had been last time I was here with Maria it was so great to go back as it really is a wicked place to go to, and Martin and never been before and loved it!! It was a really fun day, the slides (including the gut-wrenching "Temple of Courage") and wavepool are great fun as well as walking up to the palace and through the landscape gardens........... even if their creaming soda is GREEN! lol ;-)

Then Maria and Tyron made us a traditional briar with that type of sausage we can never pronounce properly "Boerewors" and Pap! just so we could spend a few hours mocking each other's accents and national terms of phrase ;-)


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0236s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb