the worst man i have met


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Gauteng » Johannesburg » Soweto
December 14th 2011
Published: December 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Over the first few days in south africa, we were consistantly warned about the guy who runs the trauma unit at bara. He was always described using advoident words like interesting. On wednesday morning rounds finished up in the boad room with everyone sitting in rank when the guy who calls himself prof arrived. He is a balding, small, feirce looking person who from the outsed did his best to not only intimidate but it seemed to embarass and hurt most anyone arround him.



When there was laughter allong with one of the senior doctors misfortune in a case he mirthlessly yelled, "no! shutup stupid students! why are you smiling! dont smile, ok!"



He went on making sure each person was identified to him by race, apparently using this to judge their character. Hy heart sunk when introducing himself to the new registrar and finding he was from rowanda, this character taunted him; "tutsi hey? heeeey tutsi... heeey cocroach cocroach".

There are numerous more examples of his shortcomings, only that i would not want to waste any more time than is nessasary on this git. At the end of the day i was left feeling aprihensive about having to interact with him over the next four weeks.

There was no organisation on wednesday and so andrew and I self assined to the burns unit which we soon found had no use for us. Thanbkfully there was an comprihensive trauma tutorial late in the morning and we used that as an excuse to all it a day.

The afternoon led us back up to the game reserve, first at a jog and then a panting walk. We went up and found the zebras, aswell as a herd of springboc and a large herd of what we are currently calling wilderbeast.



Wednesday was an early night as thursday was to be our first 24 hour shift at the unit.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.16s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1206s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb