Made it safely to South Africa!!!


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Free State » Bloemfontein
November 30th 2007
Published: November 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So im finally here in South Africa! WooHoo! Ive been here a couple of days now and managed to find an internet cafe so i can keep in contact with all of ya.
So... the LONG flight actually wasn't as bad as i was expecting it to be although we did get quite a bit of turbulence! But we were able to see the Eiffel tower and some lightening storms from the plane, so that was pretty cool! Once we landed the weather was not as hot as i was expecting, in face its been pretty crazy! One minute it will be really hot and sunny, then all of a sudden it will change, the sky will get cloudy, the wind will pick up, there will be really heavy rain (with the biggest rain drops i have ever seen!), and there will be a thunder storm. But this will only last for about 20mins and then the sun will come out again and there won't be a cloud in the sky.
Ive been staying in Bloemfontein with Frans and his family (who are really lovely!) Everyone here who i have met so far has been really lovely and are taking good care of me. They are also getting me to try some new things, like Biltong........ This is raw meat that is left to dry out, and then you eat it. Yeah sounds really gross, but it is actually not too bad!
On my first night here we had a proper South African Braai (a BBQ) and the meat was delicious!
Ive also been chased by a big, scary South African dog...... but its ok, we were on a quad so we just sped away.
Between the BBQ and getting chased by dogs, ive also managed to fit in some shopping (of course!), got myself some new flip flops, woohoo!!
Well we will be planning for the first part of out travels tonight, so ill probably blog again when im in some other random place.

Speak soon!! 😊 x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0541s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb