What makes the Eastern Cape different than the rest of the Provinces?


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Eastern Cape
February 6th 2010
Published: February 6th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Map Showing the Eastern CapeMap Showing the Eastern CapeMap Showing the Eastern Cape

This map shows the entire Province of the Eastern Cape.
The Eastern Cape is the second largest province in South Africa. The Eastern Cape landscapes cover anything from the dry and desolate of the Great Karoo all the way to lush forests of the Wild Coast including the Keiskamma Valley.

The Eastern Cape is the only province of the 9 provinces that have the three global biodiversity hotspots of South Africa. These hotspots are the Cape Floristic Region, the Succulent Karoo and last but certainly not least the Maputoland-Pondoland-Albany. No other province can make this claim, this makes the Eastern Cape special and unique.

The shoreline of the Eastern Cape province extends from the Umtamvuna River in KwaZulu-Natal (known as Natal) all the way to the Mouth of the Storms River located along the Garden Route. Once again, no other province in South Africa can make this claim.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Fish River LighthouseFish River Lighthouse
Fish River Lighthouse

This is the Lighthouse at the Fish River in the Eastern Cape. They also have accommodations available.
Ladies Club OutingLadies Club Outing
Ladies Club Outing

This is the local MFLadies Club(Mighty Fine Ladies) doing their annual charity outing with some of the disadvantaged children of the community.


Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0396s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb