Our departure


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Eastern Cape » Port Elizabeth
February 27th 2009
Published: March 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

We arrived to PE late on Wednesday night and had a few quick drinks and a chat before bed. Thursday we had a mission to do a few things before we get our bus in the evening. We get all our bits and jobs done, just and get a lift up to our 5pm bus departure to Jo'berg. Its an overnight bus with business class style seats and costs less than a ticket to cork. Cant really complain.

As we are boarding there seems to be some confusion, we do not seem to be on the conductors manifest and she has a full bus. We have our tickets printed out Thursday 26th, so I'm not having any of it. I poiltely but strongly point out that this bus gets us to Jo'berg just in time to catch our flight to Abu Dabhi and on to Mumbai so there is no way we are not getting on. Then suggest she pick someone else to kick off...
After a few calls and inspections etc we are still none the wiser and I'm thinking (private limo...?).
Then one of the girls notices that our ticket is for March.... Arse!!... hands up, "probably" my fault.
I sheepishly go and retrieve my bags from the trailer at the back.

Only one thing for it, Call a friend and get a lift back to their house for a good sleep. We run to the airport and book last minute tickets on the way back. Thankfully they dont rip us off and its the usual price.

Big feed, good sleep and we are off for our 1.5 hour flight. We arrive in Jo'berg early feeling fresh and I cant help thinking the extra 100 euros was worth it...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0628s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb