Mumbai and Colva beach


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Colva
March 7th 2009
Published: March 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Where we stayedWhere we stayedWhere we stayed

there wasn't much more to take photos of.
Our travel drama didn't stop once we got our flight from Jo'berg, when we arrived at Mumbai international we ordered a taxi to take us to our backpackers lodge in Colaba, which is the southern tip of Mumbai. We arrived and the receptionist told us that they had no booking for us and that they had no double room and no dorms. I just stood there and told him we had booked so he should sort something, I was way too tired to go looking for somewhere else havin not slept on the plane.
He couldn't find anywhere in the same price bracket so instead of spending Rs2000 for full board we end up in a hotel around the block with B&B for Rs5000. I guess you have to expect to be ripped off when you arrive in a new city, whats one to do... Learn quick I suppose.

We get curry for breakfast. Strange!! but supprisingly nice, then anyone who knows me my eating patterns can be a bit funny...
Since the hotel is so expensive we decide to check out and head to Goa. It seems trains are the best form of transport and are book out well
Colva beachColva beachColva beach

Looking right
in advance for this route so we end up on an overnight sleeper bus. Cheap as chips and not half bad, india but not bad, you just have to get used to the smell.
India is like that, lots of smells, I have been told that you either fall in love or hate if for ever once you smell it first. It's fine for me but not as simple, the food smells absolutly wonderful just as it tastes and the slums and rubbish pile smell as at home but in 30*C heat.

We get ripped again by the taxi driver on the way to the bus, asshole! We paid Rs30 up to book the ticket and 30 back then we stupidly didn't agree a price before hopping in (alwalys do!!) and he tried to charge us Rs200 I angrily gave him Rs150 and cursed him out loudly making a scene at the bus stop. I wasn't embarrased but sadly it didn't seem to bother him either.


We end up in Colva beach, South Goa. Walked up the beach and found the cheapest room possible that we wanted to live in. I was pissed off when we arrived
Colva beachColva beachColva beach

Looking left
after our long travel, lack of sleep and getting refused and ripped off but after one walk through Colva beach main street and I was happy again. All the woes and annoyences were forgotten and life was good again.

Internet is cheap here like everything else, I can see us saving a lot of money if we try a little. Colva is a very Indian beach and where the road meets the beach its is like a bustling market, everyone trying to get you to rent our use their services. Once you go 150m in either direction it is much quieter.

Colva is once spot on this beach but the one piece of sand streches for 15km, we explore some spots on a scooter but there ain't much to see. We mainly chill on the beach and listen to our speakers.

Tip: the locals do not understand what you want when you ask for a plug adaptor. We got one of the nice bar staff to get one for us.

Palolem beach is our next stop.







Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0513s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb