Gambler's Haven


Advertisement
Published: May 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Would you believe we’ve been here over a week already. Drove to Port Elizabeth to pick up Joyce and Rob (Neil’s other Aunt and Uncle) who will be staying with us for the next week. Decided to take a chance at the airport and ask for the car to be changed. Thinking that at the small local airport there wouldn’t be a great choice of cars (and on the hope for an upgrade) they managed to find a car for us - another lovely luminous green Nissan Tiida. I’m sure it’s a symbol of bad luck as no-one ever seems to park next to us in any car park.

Had a nice day in PE - spent some time at the Boardwalk Complex (and lost Corrie in the Casino - some things never change) Is amazing how gambling is so well accepted over here - the casino was packed at lunchtime on a Friday (you begin to wonder where and when these people work)

First time driving in the dark over here - and boy is it dark. There are no major towns or cities for miles between Port Elizabeth and Storms river, so dark here is pitch black. Great for stargazing, not so much for driving!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0432s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb