South Africa


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Eastern Cape » Jeffreys Bay
February 10th 2017
Published: February 18th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Uhuu! Time for the first weekend. We decided to go to Jeffrey's bay. We are with 11 girls so had to rent 3 cars to get there. Car rent isvery easy and cheap to do, just next to the supermarket where we always go for groceries. It took around 3 hours to get to our destination point but it was definitely worth it. The appartment is very nice, wish we could have something similar in Stenden. We arrived in the evening and had a lovely dinner in the Mexican restaurant just along the street.

Next day started with a beach. It is not really possible to swim there because of the ways but it is the perfect place for surfers or people who just want to sunbathe and cool down in the water (like us).

The second half of the day was very adventerous. We went for hiking, which was very crazy: slippery rocks, narrow caves and dirty water. In the beginning we wanted to give up but we actually made it. In the end you will be awarded with a zip line into the water or jumping of the cliff of around 6 meters hight. I promise you would never regret it.

Sunday was dedicated to Kragga Kamma Game Park, which has a big variety of animals: rhinnos, giraffes, cheetahs and many others. You can take a monkey walk for free but I can't promise that you will see at least one monkey there. Next to that, there is a cheetah walk, where you can touch the animals and make lovely pictures (I didn't dare to do that). And of course an amazing 2 hour safari along the park, where you can see all the animals from a very close distance. Unfortunately it was raining but we enjoyed it to the fullest anyway!


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0672s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb