Rainy and Cold


Advertisement
Published: July 4th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Day nine: Yesterday was a pretty unsuccessful day all round.. Firstly it was bitterly cold! And me and em had to share a blanket between us on the truck. We had no luck with the lions, we tracked them to be somewhere in the long reeds but got no visual. We spent the rest of the day on the main reserve. (where the lions will eventually be moved to) We couldn't find the elephants or rhinos, it's amazing how an animal as big as an elephant can't be seen! Today it's raining! We are clearing the boma area again. (Simon has kindly changed the plan so we don't have to clear the prickly pears-yay!!)We have nearly cleared all of the inside of the boma now. Luckily it stopped raining by the time we were out on the reserve so it wasn't too bad. We heard the lions calling while we were working so we dropped out tools to find them. We saw the lioness ahead of us laid next to the track, but as soon as she saw us she moved into the bush. We saw him laid just at the front of the bush, obviously keeping in the dry - wouldn't want that precious mane getting wet! This afternoon we are off to the AIDS centre again to do bracelet making. (My favourite part of our visits there!) I have been looking forward to it all week. It's still the school holidays so it's uncertain how many will turn up. Me and Em will still make loads even if its just us, we love it! As luck had it- no kids were there today. So we came home and made some ourselves. We have made tuna pasta bake for dinner tonight, and enough for the rest of the week! We are off to the pub again tonight to play pool. We need to improve our aim before we embarrass ourselves in front of the new people who arrive next week. I can't wait for new people to arrive so we don't have to cook 2/3 of the time. Tomorrow Simon is taking us to Grahamstown to have a look at the festival! I need to see if I have any decent (not covered in mud) clothes to wear.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0388s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb