First sight of the lions!


Advertisement
Published: July 1st 2013
Edit Blog Post

Managed to wake up early enough for breakfast this morning. We took lots of tools and set out on the reserve to rehabilitate to boma area (a fenced off area where the lions are kept after being darted). We basically had to cut down grass and plants, pretty dull but the area looked better after. We tracked the lions to be around the boma so we had the gate firmly shut!! As we were working, Simon called us over. The lioness had walked past and growled at him- just a warning. A few minutes later we spotted them on the top of the hill, the lion and lioness together. We dropped our tools and drove out to find them.

Amazingly, the lioness was laid on the side of the track as we were driving up. She was so relaxed and just laid casually licking her arm and her you know what.. Typical cat. We were hoping that she would call her mate and for him to join her, but she got up and joined him inside the bushes and we didn't get a good visual of him all day unfortunately! But I'm sure we will in 4 weeks. Off to the pub next door again tonight. It's Louisa's last night here so we will give her a good send off.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0405s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb