Seychelles!


Advertisement
Seychelles' flag
Africa » Seychelles » Praslin
February 18th 2008
Published: February 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well, we are in the beautiful Seychelles! We arrived yesterday at 8 am and I was on the beach by 10! I had planned to do research all day but there was not a single internet cafe open on a Sunday! I swam and enjoyed the sunshine for a couple of hours and then it was back to the boat to study for midterms!

The island is really beautiful. The water is crystal clear and we're surrounded by mountains. Surprisingly, the area is not touristy at all. In fact, we had trouble finding something for lunch yesterday.

We had our equator crossing party on the boat two days ago. We were all lined up and had 'fish guts' (flour and water) dumped on us. We then had to kiss a dead fish and kiss the ring of the King and Queen Neptune and we all jumped in the pool to clean ourselves off. It was a really fun event and at the end, all of the staff and faculty got thrown into the pool. Good times!

I know this is a short blog but research time is wasting! And this island is expensive even by American standards so I don't want to waste too much time on the internet!

Oh and Mom, I got your card. It's pronounced say- shells!

xo


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



21st February 2008

piggy
I'm amazed you don't weigh 600 lbs after seeing that dessert table! Glad to hear things are well. Have fun at your next stop and good luck on all your presentations, etc. Peace out

Tot: 0.215s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0737s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb