title


Advertisement
Senegal's flag
Africa » Senegal » Lower Casamance » Ziguinchor
July 7th 2010
Published: July 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

from Nouakchott we took a sept place taxi to rosso at the senegalese border, which is a river and involves crossing by pirogue after your passports have been stamped on the Mauritanian side. The border was very chaotic; trying to hold on to our passports at the same time as attempting to find a decent price for a boat across the river in the heat. finally we made it to the other side where we met a senegalese man called Amelou who changed miney for us and invited us back to his house for tea and playing the guitar. Once it had cooled down we made our way to Saint Louis which was much more relaxed and cooler so we stayed there for a few days going around with someone who lives there called Hallifa. We found a really nice beach spot with straw huts and wood fences. After a few days we made our way to Dakar to get a Malian visa and a boat to Zinguinchor in the Casamance region. there we stayed with Tash; a local who tok us to the river for swimming and washing and after a few days like that we travelled to tambacounda and worked out with hench luters using car parts like axels with disc breaks on the end and then made our way to Bamako by bus.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0591s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb