Tyson: Made it to Kigali


Advertisement
Rwanda's flag
Africa » Rwanda » Ville de Kigali » Kigali
December 9th 2012
Published: December 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

So after 24 hours of travel (which isn't as bad as some of the horror stories I've heard) we are in our hotel in Kigali. Luckily both flights were relatively calm - keeping Anne's white knuckle moments to a minimum. The most excitement we encountered was when a lady collapsed from exhaustion in the Montreal airport.

I felt quite important when we came out of the baggage claim area to see a gentleman with our names on a sheet of paper. The feeling quickly disappeared however when both our Visa cards were declined and we were forced to use our spending cash for the room. Our moods sunk even lower when we were given a speech on using 'small bills' to pay for purchases - apparently the exchange rate is horrible on anything below 50 dollar bills.

The first big decision of the trip will have to be made tomorrow at 4:30 am: whether or not we are going to head into the newest addition to the Canadian 'areas to avoid' list and see the gorillas. Hopefully the tour group can reassure us; ideally by assigning armed guards.

I'll be uploading pictures from our gorilla/guerilla adventures as soon as we re-establish an internet connection.

Tyson

Advertisement



10th December 2012

Glad you made it there safely! Hopefully your next couple of days will be spent with the \"gorilla\"s - take lots of pictures!
10th December 2012

Gorilla-guerilla... very funny! I'm laughing and pooping myself at the same time. I'm sure you've gone and you're having a great time. Hope you spot the silverback. Waiting impatiently for your next update (don't doddle!). ;p
10th December 2012

Gorilla-guerilla... very funny, Tyson. I'm laughing and pooping myself at the same time. I'm sure you've gone and are having a great time. Hoping you'll spot the silverback. Waiting impatiently for your next update (don't doddle!). ;p
10th December 2012

Yeah!
Glad the plane ride went smoothly and no bags were lost en route. Crossing my fingers that everything works out for the gorilla trek. Have a great time, live in the moment!

Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0584s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb