The first days in Gisenyi - part 3


Advertisement
Rwanda's flag
Africa » Rwanda » Province de L'Ouest » Gisenyi
September 12th 2012
Published: September 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Thursday 6 september

Again a new day. Maybe you’re wondering why this blog is in English…
Well, if it was in Dutch, some people couldn’t read it and because almost everyone knows a little bit of English Evelyne said it would be better to write in English (and my French writing is bad! :P)

Today was practicly the same as yesterday. In the morning Evelyne and I had our own things to do.
Evelyne her internship, I had to do my preparation of my lesson.
Today it didn’t go so well. It happens often that suddenly the electricity falls out. Bye bye researching.
During the time the electricity was out, I made pictures of the work place (the different machines their using). It didn’t take long before a student came in the workplace. It was Benjamin, he was one of the first students I had met in the training center.
We made a few pictures together and also with the guard of the workplace. The guard is a veteran of the Rwandan Army.

In the afternoon Evelyne needed to work again, but that wasn’t too bad because it was raining again.
During the evening the electricity was down so we used the laptop to watch a movie till the battery died.





Friday 7 September

As usual we woke up at 06:15. We had breakfast and after that I tried to work on the blog when Eve left for her internship.
At 8 o’clock I went to the project to work on my lesson, with the well known electricity problems that sometimes happen.

In the afternoon we went to ‘mama Rosine’ which we had met the first day. As we arrived it started to rain very bad, accompanied with lightning and thunder.
Our belly’s enjoyed some sambusa’s and a fanta.
We spent the whole afternoon there, afterwards ‘mama Rosine’ brought us back home with the car.

Back home we had a good meal, but yet again we didn’t have any electricity for a long period.
So the evening program was changed into: watch a movie on the laptop.

Advertisement



13th September 2012

Students internship
Thanks for your grateful student internship informations.

Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0559s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb